The UBC MAA Student Leadership Award recognizes and honours two medical students, one student in Year 1 or 2 and one student in Years 3 or 4, in the UBC MD undergraduate program, who demonstrate excellence in leadership by engaging and guiding others in promoting a responsible and evolving medical student community and/or health care system.
Each recipient of the award will be presented with $500 to be used towards tuition.
Congratulations to our 2019 Student Leadership Award Recipients:
To learn more about Alec and Eric, please click on their photo above!
- Nominator must be a current student in the UBC MD undergraduate program
- Nominee must be a current student in the UBC MD undergraduate program
- Student demonstrates responsibility for their medical student community and the health care system
- Student engages others in creating proactive initiatives or inclusive events for the enhancement of the medical community and/or improvement of health care
- Student is dedicated to the building of relationships to ensure a cohesive professional community
- Student mentors and supports fellow students to create a culture of openness and foster a compassionate environment
- Student inspires and encourages people within medicine and/or across disciplines to collaborate towards common goals benefiting their community and beyond
Step 1: Complete a nomination form and save a copy.
Step 2: E-mail the nomination form to email@example.com.
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
The MUS Council will select the finalists in early March 2020 and the UBC MAA Board of Directors will select the award recipients in early April 2020. Awards will be presented at the UBC MAA AGM & Awards Ceremony on May 28, 2020.
Should you have any questions about the nomination process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.