This award is given to a graduate of the 25th anniversary class who, in the opinion of his/her classmates, has best demonstrated qualities in one or more of the following areas: leadership, research, teaching, clinical care, administration or public service.
Congratulations to our 2019 Silver Anniversary Award Recipient:
Dr. Donna McLachlan, MD’94
Dr. McLachlan has been a family doctor for 25 years, working in the military, Downtown Vancouver, and a stint in a small town in Australia. She loves Family Practice. To her it is all about connection and she is thankful for patients for allowing her to be part of the important journeys in their life from birth to death. She is very proud of her contribution in the last few years to launching the Family Practice Maternity Care clinic at St. Paul’s Hospital and her involvement in teaching over the last few decades. Despite the challenges of the last year, she is grateful for the opportunity to care for her patients and is proud of her medical colleagues and the ingenuity and resilience they have demonstrated in the pandemic.
The award will be given to a member of the MD class in recognition of their 25th Anniversary at either their 25h Anniversary reunion or the UBC MAA AGM and Awards Ceremony.
Nomination Form and Process
- Nominator must be a member of the 25th anniversary MD class
- The deadline for nominations will be determined by the Class Reunion planning schedule
- A voting ballot will be distributed to the members of the 25th anniversary MD class for their decision
- If during the nomination process only one name is brought forward, the award is given by acclamation
- The award will be presented either at the UBC Medical Alumni Association Annual General Meeting or at the Class’ 25th reunion, whichever the successful nominee prefers.
Typically 1 awardee per year – maximum 2 per year (may be given posthumously)
For questions, please contact Eric Chow at 604-875-5674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.