Many classes choose to include fundraising for a class fund as part of their reunion. It is entirely up to the reunion committee to decide if they wish to add this component on to the reunion.
Should you wish to fundraise, please contact Courtney Cousineau at email@example.com or 604-875-4111 ext 67741 as soon as possible so she can connect you with the appropriate contact in the Development Office. Fundraising works best when planned out several months before the reunion to allow for plenty of time to contact classmates and allow for a mail outs, printing of donation cards etc.
Classes can choose to donate money to an existing fund or they can set up their own endowed scholarship or bursary. Parameters around the award can be determined by the reunion committee. All donations receive a tax receipt.
Examples of successful past reunion fundraising efforts:
Class of ’61 – $40,000 raised for Class of ’61 Memorial Bursary Fund
Class of ’62 – $15,000 raised for William Webber Scholarship Fund
Class of ’87 – $61,000 raised for Global Health Travel Award
Learn more about fundraising for your upcoming class reunion.
- Contact the alumni office and let them know you would like more information on fundraising linked to your class reunion
- A development staff person will attend a reunion planning meeting and can go over the various fundraising options.
- An email/letter will be written to confirm in writing what the goal is and to outline next steps to ensure both the reunion committee and the development/alumni staff are working towards the same goals and aware of the steps needed to achieve that goal.
- Letter included with registration package expressing support of fundraising goal.
- Donation ask letter should be sent out 1 month prior to reunion.
- Donation forms should be pre-printed prior to the reunion and available to put on a table or at the back of the room for those who wish to make a donation at the reunion.
- Follow up calls are done within a month of the reunion, either by students or development staff.