- Hold a Friday evening welcome cocktail reception at the Medical Students & Alumni Centre (MSAC) – no charge for venue space for MD alumni. Please inquire for rates for other groups.
- Hold the reception at a classmates house (may choose to have this evening as a grads-only event)
- Saturday suggested activities: Tour of campus, Museum of Anthropology, Beatty Biodiversity Museum, Botanical Gardens Canopy Tour, Behind the Scenes tour of the Life Sciences Building – walking tours or charter bus tours can be arranged
- Tour of Vancouver
- Wine and Cheese tasting at MSAC
- Round of golf at University Golf Course
- Viewing of your class skits night video (if you have a copy)
- Sit down dinner – we have great negotiated special Faculty of Medicine alumni rates with the Four Seasons Hotel and the Metropolitan Hotel
- Other Sat. evening entertainment options are to have a fun interactive presentation by Vancouver Theatre Sports, comedian, DJ & dancing etc.
- Sunday brunch
- Family Friendly beach day, soccer or croquet tournament or tide pooling, bbq at MSAC
- Group rates to take the Rocky Mountaineer Train up to Whistler
- We have negotiated room rates at the Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, Four Seasons, Westin and the Fairmont
- Friday evening welcome reception
- Saturday activities can include: Peak to Peak Gondola, Zip treking, Tree Top Canopy Tours, Whistler Walking Foodie Tours
- Saturday evening dinner
- Can stay on campus to get the full student experience (if reunion is outside of school year)
- Tour of UBCO campus
- Saturday afternoon winery tour, round of golf, Kettle valley cycling tour,
- Saturday evening formal sit down dinner
- Option to have a speaker from UBCO
- Sunday brunch
- Medical Students & Alumni Centre (MSAC) – located at 2750 Heather St.
- UBC Alumni Medical Class Reunions can book out space at MSAC free of charge.
- The main hall comfortably accommodates 60 in theatre style (row) seating, 40 around tables for a workshop, and 65-85 for a banquet. The smaller hall seats 40 in rows or 20 around tables.
- Space at MSAC should be booked well in advance of the reunion as it books up quite quickly throughout the year.
- More information can be found here: http://alumni.med.ubc.ca/wordpress/msac-rental/
Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre
- The Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre sits in a prime location right at the heart of the newly revitalized UBC Vancouver campus. It’s close to transit stops, across from the bookstore, a stone’s throw from the library and immediately adjacent to the new Student Union Building.
Cecil Green Park House
- Cecil Green Park House (CGPH) – located at 6251 Cecil Green Park Rd (UBC Point Grey Campus)
- Reunions may qualify for reduced fee bookings.
- Metropolitan Hotel (Vancouver) *pricing varies depending on time of year
- Four Seasons Hotel (Vancouver) *pricing varies depending on time of year
- West Coast Suites (UBC Point Grey Campus) *pricing varies depending on time of year
- UBC has many of the world’s top researchers and doctors. Let us know if there is a topic that is of particular interest to your class and we will try our best to find a speaker. If you have a classmate that is particularly well-known in their area of practice/research why not ask them to speak to the class.
Contact Sarah Irwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-875-4111 ext 67741 for more information.